We often hear from prospective clients “I don’t know if we actually need couples counseling…I mean we’re fine…it’s not like we are headed toward to divorce or anything.”
What if we shifted our perspective from “counseling is only for couples trying to save their relationship” to “couples counseling is also for those trying to enhance their relationship“?
According to the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, after receiving treatment:
- Almost 90% of clients report an improvement in their emotional health
- Over three-fourths report an improvement in the couple relationship
- Nearly two-thirds report an improvement in their overall physical health
Bloom Counseling + Wellness Studio provides premarital counseling and relationship counseling for all types of couples. Our couples therapists have completed training through the Gottman Institute. Learn more about these research-based interventions here.
Our counselors help clients navigate issues including:
- Breaking unhealthy patterns of communication and improving connection
- Learning healthier ways to handle conflict
- Exploring decisions regarding building a family through assisted reproduction (including egg donation, sperm donation, donor embryo), surrogacy or adoption.
- Coping with infertility, miscarriage and loss
- Adjusting to life with a new baby
- Struggling with differing parenting styles
To request an appointment click here or call 502-303-2449.